Artist Statement

Human emotion is a very powerful thing.  As humans, we understand a wide array of feelings from overwhelming joy to heartbreaking failure.  They tell stories of life and death, love and hatred, and victory and defeat.  My work aims to elicit these emotions from viewers in the form of writing, audio, visuals, or a combination of the three. I film and write from the point of view of the main character.  I tell their story and convey their emotions through audio or visual means to allow the viewer a chance to connect. Storytelling is nothing without the human element.  Stories allow us to feel less alone in this world.  It allows for inclusivity for those who feel ostracized.  It tells you, on your darkest days, that you are not alone. I want to tell the stories of people like you and me who face the trials of life.  I want you to look at the characters on screen and see yourself.  Your stories, my stories, and your neighbor’s stories are all meaningful.  They teach us life lessons.  From heartbreaking relationships to overcoming obstacles, the human race has found ways to adapt and cope.  And each person is unique, much like the stripes of a zebra or tiger, but we all feel the same and we all bleed the same.  In simpler terms, I aim to create an emotional experience for the viewers with ample representation for any circumstance and emotion through raw human nature. We evolve, we adapt, and we cope.   

Comments

Popular Posts